styles and themes

Hello,
I 've written a new object derived directly from gobject. It basically
contains a gtkiconfactory which stores for each user an iconset.
Now it needs to know about styles in use by gtk+ because it sometimes
uses stock icons (the doc specifies that one should use
gtk_style_lookup_icon_set instead of gtk_icon_factory_lookup to retrieve
a gtkiconset from stock).
I saw in gtkwidget.c that it uses gtk_widget_get_style, can I do the
same? Will it give me the current/default style chosen by the user ?

It raises another question: when a user changes themes from the gnome
preferences dialog, all widgets change accordingly. How can my object be
warned of/receive an event signalling a style change?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Philippe Rouquier.