Re: Action-based menu API

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 13:16, Dave Malcolm wrote:

> > > Some questions:
> > > (i) what stable release of GTK (if any) would I have to add as a
> > > dependency if I wanted to link to this functionality in GTK+?
> >
> > I'm using it my application and linking it to gtk2.2, but I think it
> > should work with 2.0
>
> It doesn't seem to be present on my vanilla Red Hat 9 machine, on which
> "pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0" gives "2.2.1".  Specifically, I can't
> find the header file <gtk/gtkaction.h> (which was put in the CVS version
> of GTK from libegg on 24th August 2003).  This file also doesn't seem to
> be present in the 2.2.4 tarball, which I believe is the most recent
> stable release.
>
> What header files are you using, and what modversion do you get?

Oh, I misunderstood your question.
I thought you were asking what version of gtk did the code in libegg
depend on.
The gtkaction stuff is going to be in gtk 2.4, the code in libegg should
work with gtk > 2.0 I think.

> > Thats exactly how its supposed to work.
> > Note that when you change to use the GTK 2.4 version that
> > there are some differences between the libegg version and the
> > gtk version.
>
> Thanks for the warning.  Hopefully they are minor at the moment.

Some renaming of functions and a few changes to the structures.

iain
--
"The 'developed' nations gave to the 'free market' the status of a god,
sacrificing to it their farmers, farmlands, and communities, their