Re: Action-based menu API

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 16:54, Dave Malcolm wrote:
> I want to use the new action-based menu API that is in libegg, and
> appears to have made it into GTK+ in the last couple of months.
>
> I would prefer not to introduce dependencies on the very latest version
> of GTK into my application - some of my users are still using Gnome 2.0

> Some questions:
> (i) what stable release of GTK (if any) would I have to add as a
> dependency if I wanted to link to this functionality in GTK+?

I'm using it my application and linking it to gtk2.2, but I think it
should work with 2.0

> (ii) what stable release of GNOME (if any) should I cite in the
> project's website, README, etc for those attempting to build the app?

It doesn't depend on any gnome code, so whatever version of gnome had
gtk 2.0 I guess.

> (iii) Is it legitimate to include a copy of the relevant sources in
> libegg in a "copy-and-paste-code" subdirectory of my source tree within
> CVS, and statically link to this?  Is this the way in which libegg is
> meant to work?

Thats exactly how its supposed to work.
Note that when you change to use the GTK 2.4 version that
there are some differences between the libegg version and the
gtk version.

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"