Re: Bus failure using focus events

Hi Ian,
no you don't have to build GdkEventFocus objects. When a callback will be
called all parameters of the callback function will be filled in by GTK.
But you have to make sure that the parameter list of your callback
function and its return type is the same that you will find in the docs
for that signal or event. So when you want to connect a callback first
decide when this callback shall be called (e.g. for "activate"). Then
look up the correct function prototype for this from the docs and write
your callback function. When you decide later that "focus-out-event"
would be a better time to call it, look up that's function prototype
again. When that prototype is different you have to change your parameter
list accordingly. When you want a callback that is called in both
situations and the parameter list is not the same you have to write two
callback functions, one for each type of signal. Only when two signals
have the same parameters you can use the same callback function.

Regards...Peter

> I'm not sure I understand.  When I refer to using activate and=20
> focus-out-event, I'm talking about in seperate builds of the product
> -=20=
>
> I change the signal type to "activate" and recompile, for example. =20
> "activate" should never come into play when I'm using a=20
> "focus-out-event".
>
> However, I noticed the different params and I'm not sure that I'm=20
> handling this properly (I don't believe I understand signals terribly=20
> well, to be honest with you).  I had assumed that in none of the code=20
> I've implemented, do I have to worry about the signal params - those=20
> were handled by GTK.  I just connect to the signal, and pass the=20
> signal-connect params.  Are you saying that I somehow have to build a=20
> GdkEventFocus object and pass it to focus-out-event?  I'm not sure
> that=20=
>
> I'm actually generating the call with the GtkEntry or gpointer when I=20
> connect to "activate" now, so I'm not sure at what point this would
> be=20=
>
> done.
>
> Thanks,
> Ian
Peter Krüger

applied software solutions (appss) GmbH
Sandtorstr. 23
D-39106 Magdeburg
Germany

Phone:  +49-(0)391-54486-19388
Fax:    +49-(0)391-54486-19222
email:  krueger appss de

Managing Director: Uwe Hess, Dietmar Schäfer
Register: HRB12386, AG Mageburg

"Virtual business becomes reality!"

e-mail is strictly forbidden.