Re: deprecated GtkCombo

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 15:24, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> This is what I hear from Owen:
>
> +------- Additional Comments From otaylor redhat com  2003-10-02 15:08
> -------
> +I don't know what you mean "set as a user signal handler"
> +
> +But connecting to events on combo->popwin is certainly not
> +legitimate.
> +
> +And in any case GtkCombo is being deprecated for GTK+-2.4,
>

> Does anybody know what to use instead?

There is a new GtkComboBox widget in CVS which will replace
GtkCombo and GtkOptionMenu for GTK+-2.4. But what I was
saying was not that you should be using something different,
but rather saying that RFE's for GtkCombo won't be accepted.

And your bug report was an RFE - "I want to be able to
catch key press events on combo->popwin and change them to do
something different than what the widget would normally do".

I really have no idea what you were trying to accomplish, but I
doubt it was essential to the operation of your user interface...
generally GTK+ programming is the art of combining existing
standard elements to make a nice user interface.

Regards,
					Owen