Re: (GObject) What are "properties"?

Hi,

Murray Cumming Comneon com writes:

> 4) don't mess with ABI. You can add a property without worrying
> about changing the size of the struct.

Sorry, but this is not true. The property doesn't provide a place to
store the value, it only provides a way to get and set the value in a
general fashion.

For some nice things you can do based on properties, take a look at
the GimpConfigInterface:
  http://developer.gimp.org/api/1.3/app/app-config-interface.html
GIMP-1.3 uses this for all things that need to have its state stored
in config files. There's also a set of widgets that can be used as
views on object properties:
  http://developer.gimp.org/api/1.3/app/app-gimppropwidgets.html
In the long run we plan to move this functionality out of the GIMP
core into a separate library.

Sven