dialog from within a thread

Hi,

I would like to do a "gnome_dialog_run_and_close( GNOME_DIALOG( gnome_ok_dialog( "TEXT" ) ) )" from within a thread created "detached" ( pthread_attr_setdetachstate( &thread_attr, PTHREAD_CREATE_DETACHED ) ).

But this does not seem possible as I get an error that only 1 "main" can exist ? The thread runs detached form the main process and I want to keep it that way in order not to block the main process while a very long procedure runs in the thread. Polling in the main processfor the thread would use resources.

Best regards,

Peter Van Osta

Union Biometrica N.V./S.A.
European Scientific Operations (ESO)