Re: Getting gtk+ to find my private copy of libgobject-2.0.so

Sven Neumann wrote:
I thought I said so:
"Here's the setup:
I checked out glib, atk, and pango.  I compiled them all with
--prefix=/home/mike/path, LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mike/path/lib,
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/mike/path/lib/pkgconfig, and
PATH=/home/mike/path/bin:$PATH.  They all seem to be OK."

Well, you also need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH when running the
executables. Setting it at compile time won't be sufficient.

Well, sure.  OK.

I am doing all of this in the same console:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/my/private/libs
compile glib
compile atk
compile pango
compile gtk+   <---- Here I run into a problem.

Now, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is in effect for all of these (unless I'm using it wrong, or am doing something stupid -- I'd like to think not, but one, nearly by definition, can't tell). I'm not even trying to run any executables (except perhaps the build processes themselves). I'm merely trying to compile GTK+.

-mt