Re: <no subject>

Hi,

"Pisanu Prasertnopakun" <p prasertnopakun web de> writes:

> I want to update my gtk1.2 to gtk2.2. And i try to install every
> packages that in
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-building.html
> recommend. But i have many problems with installation they need more
> and more packages. :(

First of all, you cannot update gtk+-1.2 to gtk+-2.2. Both are
different libaries with a different API and both can be installed in
parallel. You should only remove gtk+-1.2 if you are sure that no
application on your system is using it any longer.

> Can someone send me an installation list or what should i do step by
> step to install gtk2.2? GTK is good but so complicate to install it.

Assuming you are using Linux, I suggest you use the packages provided
by your distributor. The GTK+ package should have a list of
dependencies so that all required packages are pulled in automatically.

Sven