Update gtk1.2 to gtk2.2

Hello All,

I want to update my gtk1.2 to gtk2.2. And i try to install every packages that in http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-building.html recommend. But i have many problems with installation they need more and more packages. :(

Can someone send me an installation list or what should i do step by step to install gtk2.2? GTK is good but so complicate to install it.

Thanks
Pisanu
--
Pisanu Prasertnopakun