glib & gtk-doc

Given the excellent documentation on line, is it really necessary
to *require* gtk-doc to build glib from CVS? gtk-doc in turn requires
docbook, jade, libxslt, libxml (and perl). I really don't see why
I *have* to install docbook and jade just to build glib, would
making this optional be considered?

As far as I can see, a first step might be to conditionally run
gtkdocize in autogen.sh if it is found, and distributing gtk-doc.m4
(to keep configure.in happy with a m4_include(gtk-doc.m4) so that
--disable-gtk-doc exists) and gtk-doc.make (as it gets packaged up
in EXTRA_DIST) -- in fact, this just "worked for me".

Cheers,

Patrick

- oh - nearly worked: I had to add the patch at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/devel/glib2/patches/patch-aa
(I suspect it is because NetBSD doesn't have pthread_{g,s}etschedparam
 I don't know enough about threads to say whether those functions map to
 pthread_attr_{g,s}etschedparam which do exist in NetBSD's pthread)
and later gmake check failed with:

creating patterntest
gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `printf-test.c', needed by
`printf-test.o'.  Stop.