GTK+ and AIX

I've been trying to compile the latest gtk+ 2.2 on an AIX machine (aix
4.3.3.0).  I keep running into failures with glib where the module-load
test fails and the strfuncs test fails.  Before I give any details, has
anyone successfully compiled gtk+ on this platform and if so what
changes/patches/compilers were needed.

Thanks,
Tim

Timothy Ozimek                                            Phone:
919-254-9613
IBM Microelectronics                                       Tie Line:
444-9613
PowerPC Embedded Processor Solutions        E-mail:  tozimek us ibm com