Re: GtkWindow and GtkPaned and check-resize

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 18:33, Marcin Krzyzanowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem.
>
> I have a window, inside I put GtkPaned, and conenct to window as
> GTK_CONTAINER() to signal check-size, I suppose that it shoult be
> invoked only when window resize, but is is also when I move divider up
> or down, why ?

check-resize is nothing you want to connect to ... it's very much
an internal implementation detail.

> or could anybody tell me how to get moment when window window resized
> right ? I tried size-request, but there is the same situation. All I
> want to do is change divider position after window resize.

::configure-event is probably best ... note that you'll need to
look the size in the event, since when ::configure-event is received
the widgets in the layout have not yet been layed out at the new
size.

Regards,
                                                    Owen