Re: GtkTreeView, the activate signal and dialogs don't interoperate well

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 10:01, Ren�eindal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have run into a problem with a GtkTreeView.  A small demonstration
> program is included below.
>
> I have a GtkTreeView which is reorderable.  I have attached a function
> to the row_activated signal that pops up a dialog.  When the dialog is
> closed and the mouse re-enteres the TreeView, it behaves as if a drag
> has been initated to reorder the entries of the view.
>
> It looks like a bug to me.
>
> Also, the rows-reordered signal is never emitted on the TreeModel.
>
> This is with gtk+ 2.2.1 from Debian testing/unstable.

Calling gtk_dialog_run() out of many sorts of callback
a bit dangerous. (GtkButton::clicked and GtkMenuItem::activate
are pretty safe)

I think the problem is that your modal dialog is eating the button
release, so GTK+ gets confused. You'll have better luck if you,
say add an idle function (g_idle_add()) that does that action.

That being said, GtkTreeView could probably do better, so it
wouldn't hurt to file a bug. (bugzilla.gnome.org, see instructions
in the GTK+ README.)

Regards,
                                                  Owen