Re: A question about font setting.

Hi,
I tried this method, but it did not work. gtk does not recognize this kind of setting. Is there any other possible way to do the job?

Regards
James Su

Sven Neumann wrote:

James Su <suzhe turbolinux com cn> writes:

If I set a default font in /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc like this:

style "gtk-default-font-style" {
font_name = "Sans 11"
}
class "GtkWidget" style "gtk-default-font-style"

I cannot change the gtk font on the fly by gnome-font-properties any
longer. It seems that gtkrc has higher priority than gtk-font-name
event. Can I change this behavior to give gtk-font-name higher priority?
In other word, I want to let the font setting in gtkrc a default one and
can only be used when there is no gtk-font-name properties, like in KDE
environment. How can I do that?

You are using the wrong setting in your gtkrc. Try this simple line
instead:

gtk-font-name = "Sans 11"

Sven