Re: Howto save a sequence of GTK+ pixmaps into .gif, .mpeg or other standard video formats

On Sat, 10 May 2003 15:05:28 -0700 Pieter Abbeel wrote:

> Is there a way to save my graphics directly as an mpeg (or other
> standard file format) ? Or is there a good way to first save my
> pixmaps, and then have a program convert it ?

I use mencoder to do this.  You can save your pixbufs with something
like

  gdk_pixbuf_save(pixbuf, filename, "jpeg", &error,
		  "quality", "95", NULL);

where you sprintf filename to "filename-%03d.jpg" and then use mencoder
to encode them to a movie file.  The link to the documentation is:

  http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/encoding.html#image_files

hth,
michael