Re: Re : Loading Images

Here is a small example piece of code, which display a gif image in an event box :

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

/* when invoked (via signal delete_event), terminates the application.
*/
gint close_application( GtkWidget *widget,
                       GdkEvent  *event,
                       gpointer   data )
{
   gtk_main_quit ();
   return FALSE;
}

 static gboolean
 button_press_callback (GtkWidget      *event_box,
                        GdkEventButton *event,
                        gpointer        data)
 {
   g_print ("Event box clicked at coordinates %f,%f\n",
            event->x, event->y);

   /* Returning TRUE means we handled the event, so the signal
    * emission should be stopped (don't call any further
    * callbacks that may be connected). Return FALSE
    * to continue invoking callbacks.
    */
   return TRUE;
 }

int main( int   argc,
         char *argv[] )
{
   /* GtkWidget is the storage type for widgets */
   GtkWidget *window;
   GtkWidget *image;
   GtkWidget *event_box;

   /* create the main window, and attach delete_event signal to terminating
      the application */
   gtk_init (&argc, &argv);
   g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (window), "delete_event",
                     G_CALLBACK (close_application), NULL);
   gtk_container_set_border_width (GTK_CONTAINER (window), 10);
   gtk_widget_show (window);
   image = gtk_image_new_from_file ("image.gif");

   event_box = gtk_event_box_new();

   gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (event_box), image);
   gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), event_box);
   gtk_widget_show (event_box);
   gtk_widget_show (image);

   g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (event_box),
                     "button_press_event",
                     G_CALLBACK (button_press_callback),
                     image);

   gtk_main ();

   return 0;
}

Hope it can help you.
Hugues.

RTD wrote:

Hi Everybody,

         I have a problem loading an gif image to the label
or eventbox.
         If anyone knows how to add the images to the label/
eventboxes please let me know the solution.

=====
Ravindra  T.  Dolas,
Pune-INDIA