debuging gtk...

Hi all,
First of all I would like to apologize for my question as I guess it has been asked many times. But unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem.

Here is my problem. I am trying to make wxWindows and VTK (vtk.org) communicate under Linux (=GTK). And my program seems to freeze. I loose my mouse pointer, I can't switch any more to any virtual screen (ALT+CTRL+ F_KEY).

So I tried to debug my app, I used --sync, and automagically I hadn't any more problem. As soon as I use synchronization I am loosing my problem and every thing is working very fine. I tried ddd (which is said to handle grabs ...but not in my case). Gdb also froze...

Could someone point me out some other way to debug my app.

I am working under RH7.3, GTK 1.2.10, wxWindows 2.4.0

thanks a lot,
mathieu
Ps: Could you please CC me as I am not on the list.

--
Mathieu Malaterre
CREATIS