Forcing window updates

Hi,

I've got a problem in an application, that some of my widgets in a
notebook-page are not shown before I click on a button in the same
notebook-page.
It looks to me as if the gtk-engine somehow has 'forgotten' to show the
widgets until 'something' happens in the window/notebook-page.

I've tried to use gdk_window_process_all_updates() and hoped that it
could somehow force redraw of the window/notebook-page, but without any
luck.

These widgets are created during a phase where I have frozen the display
using gtk_widget_freeze_child_notify() and later it is thawed by
gtk_widget_thaw_child_notify(), so I would expect that widgets are drawn
after the thaw??

Do anyone have an idea about what could be wrong or perhaps have an idea
about how I can force the update?

Best regards
Egon Andersen