Re: JPEG Loader Failed

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 07:16, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ian Scott <ian pairowoodies com> writes:
>
> > I've spent several hours trying to install  GTK+ 2.2.  I've managed to
> > do some experimenting - (discovered that .pc files were being written to
> > /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig instead of /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ - so I simply
> > copied the relevant ones, amongst other weird issues).
>
> you should have read the docs. They teach you how to use the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to deal witht this.

Believe me, I had been reading docs all day! This part confused me, but
thank you for pointing it out.  I'll take a longer look at it. :)

> for whatever reason you are missing a link from libjpeg.so to
> libjpeg.so.62.0.0.

Thanks!  That helped get me past that error message, now configure is
looking for jpeglib.h.  I have a copy of that in the directory I
extracted the tarball into.  Where does GTK configure expect it should
be?

Thanks, Sven!

Ian Scott