Re: File Descriptor Input

Thanks Paul for a prompt response.

1) I have checked the referece documents, it just says
a function. And I have type casted it to what is
needed. I cannot think of a different prototype.

2)Data reading is the next stage. In the first stage,
at least the function should get invoked. Later, when
I have arrived in the function then I can think of
reading the data.

3) I think, when we do not use FALSE/TRUE the function
automatically assumes a FALSE.

Is it possible to get some examples? In the documents
I have seen a widget or object named "socket" but it
is undocumented. Where can I get the reference for it?
I have searced the glib, gtk+ and gdk documents.
Thanks
bye
shiraz