Re: Compiling gtk error - png ???

> >            ( rm -f ./gtkstockpixbufs.h && false )
> > failed to load "./stock_add_16.png": Couldn't recognize the image file
> > format for file './stock_add_16.png'
> > gmake[3]: *** [gtkstockpixbufs.h] Error 1

I seem to experience this as well (HP-UX 11.1, HP ANSI C, either HP
make or gmake 3.80) and thusfar I've draw a blank, or have been
completely clueless in my searches of archives and such.

I'm not sure if it is salient or not, but libpng is the only thing
that is installed under /opt instead of /usr in my case - but I have
done the configure with CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to point at the includes
and the libraries.  I've not verified though that all the makefiles
are actually honouring that.

rick jones