Re: Installing GTK+-2.2.1

I had the same problem. Check to see where you installed glib 2.2.1 at.
If you installed it in /usr/local instead of /usr there is a posibility
that there is still a version of glib 2.0 of glib 2.0.6 hanging around
in /usr. I suggest that you run rpm -q glib or rpm -q glib-2.0 etc to
try and see if you do have the older version hanging around from an rpm
install that was done as part of your initial install of the OS. I am
fairly sure that is what your problem is. If so, rpm -ev (package name)
to remove the old version

You may have to also reinstall glib 2.2.1 just to make sure it didn't
remove any needed files when it removed the old version of glib 2.0

As a last resort you can always do ./configure --prefix="/usr" and just
over write the rpm install. Not a clean way to do it but it will work.
Might cause you further headaches down the line though.

Robert T Childers