Saving Clist using gtk_clist_get_text () is extremly slow

Hello,

I'm writing an application for some measuring devices and I've chosen Clist as my
data-storage, but I've bad problem - when saving more then aprox. 20.000 lines to a
file using gtk_clist_get_text () - it takes minutes and 99% of computing time.
There must be a better way how to do it, but I didn't find any help on the net. I am
sure, that the time is spent in gtk_clist_get_text (), because it takes aprox. same
time when I'm not saving data to a file, but I just read 'em.
I am new to gtk/gnome, so I'm terribly sorry if this is a well now problem.

Thanks
        Marek Drapal

Všechny ženy jsou krásné. http://eva.email.cz