Re: Problem of installation of GTK 2.2.1

Hi,

MALHERBE <malherbe hugues wanadoo fr> writes:

> I am using a linux box (Mandrake linux distribution version 9.0).
> I have downloaded GTK version 2.2.1.
>
> I have problem when installing Glib version 2.2.1.
> When I try to install the dependencies packages prior to the
> installation of GTK,  (for example atk 1.2.0 or pango 1.2.1, I have an
> error in ./configure execution.
> It is told that the version of Glib is too old.
> However, I have installed Glib version 2.2.1 and it should be ok.
> When I execute : glib-config --version, the version 1.2.10 is displayed.
> It seems that the initial Glib 1.2.10 installed with the Mandrake
> distribution is still there.
>
> My questions :
>     How can I remove Glib 1.2.10 ?

why would you want to do that? GTK+-1.2 and GTK+-2.0 are incompatible
but can safely coexist. If you remove Glib-1.2, lots of applications
will stop working.

Please read the file INSTALL from the GTK+ tarball which will points
you to some docs that answer your questions.

Salut, Sven