Re: Draw on the root window?

Well, the wheelbarrow is just a normal, but shaped, window. It's not exactly what I want, I'm trying to draw on the root window. What I'm writing is going to cover the entire root window and should always be in the background. I could use a normal window but not all window managers support keeping a window in the background as far as I know. That's why I'm using this approach. It'd be very nice if I could get it to work.