Re: child anchor background in text view

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 12:58, Simon Floery wrote:
> Hi,
> After inserting a label (in an event box) with a child anchor into a GtkTextView, I want the label (resp the event box) to have the same background color as the text view.
>
> If the current theme doesn't use a pixmap as background this is done with gtk_widget_modify_bg, no problem at all. But if the current theme uses a pixmap as its background, gtk_widget_modify_bg fails (for clear reasons) and setting bg_pixmap[]=NULL has a different effect.
>
> Do I have to create a pixmap with the text view's background color or is there an easy way to do this.
>
> If I have to do the pixmap method, I would appreciate someone to give me a short code example for creating a pixmap with a given color.

The problem is the event box, not the label. What you want is a widget
that is like an event box but only as a "input only" (invisible) window.

I think we'll probably make this a settable option for GtkEventBox in
the next release... for right now you need to roll your own. (I suspect
there is one out there somewhere but don't know of one off hand.)

Regards,
                                                   Owen