child anchor background in text view

Hi,
After inserting a label (in an event box) with a child anchor into a GtkTextView, I want the label (resp the event box) to have the same background color as the text view.

If the current theme doesn't use a pixmap as background this is done with gtk_widget_modify_bg, no problem at all. But if the current theme uses a pixmap as its background, gtk_widget_modify_bg fails (for clear reasons) and setting bg_pixmap[]=NULL has a different effect.

Do I have to create a pixmap with the text view's background color or is there an easy way to do this.

If I have to do the pixmap method, I would appreciate someone to give me a short code example for creating a pixmap with a given color.

tia
-simon

--

simon floery gmx at