Re: Help with focus/activation problems

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 19:22, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> I posted a message a couple days ago, but no answer so I'm going to post
> again with some additional info that may help.
>
> I have a window in which are several widgets, such as GtkEntry and
> GtkTextView, and GtkTreeView (list store). When I run my program, it
> seems that while I can click around and type text in the text entries
> and text views, or select items in the TreeView, the widgets never seem
> to become "active", ie: the cursor does not blink in the text entries
> and selecting a row in the TreeView is the inactive color.
>
> If I right-click in the text view, or select an item from my
> GtkOptionMenu (of which no code exists for that callback, it's just
> empty right now) suddenly the widgets seem to become "active", ie: the
> text cursor blinks in the text entries and text views, selecting a row
> in the GtkTreeView appears in the active highlight color.

You mean you aren't calling:

 gtk_make_focus_work ()

? [In case that isn't obvious, that's a joke].

The only thing I can think of that might make focus not work for a
toplevel window is if you create it as type GTK_WINDOW_POPUP, which
takes the window completely out of the normal X system.

Other than that, you've discovered some bug in your window manager
or in GTK+.

You'll need to create the smallest possible standalone test case
that reproduces the problem, and provide that so we can figure out
what you are doing differently than everybody else.

Regards,
                                          Owen