cell renderers question.

I'm writting a program (screen shots posted here before) that uses many
GtkTreeView's in a window. I'm using them as a list, so I have several
ListStore's (one for each view). Some views have many columns, a couple
have 2, and one has 1 column.

I call gtk_tree_view_append_column for each column in each view. Before
I do that, I make a call to gtk_cell_renderer_text_new(). I'm curious if
I have to create a new renderer for each column (ie: call this function
before I append a column each time) or if I can just call it once for
each view?

Finally, if I have a treeview with several columns (say 4, numbered 1 to
4 for simplicity sake) and it looks like this:

1  2  3  4 <-- headings
d     d

where the 'd' is data, I want to be able to do the following:

1) find out exactly which cell the user clicked in (even though the
whole row is highlighted). What signals need to be involved here?

2) if a user right-clicks in a column, pop-up a menu. Is this even
possible? If so, what signals again?

Thanks.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine