Re: The Dillo web browser and GTK+

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 12:38, Jorge Arellano Cid wrote:
> Hi!
>
>   I have two questions:
>
>   1) What do I need to do to make the Dillo web browser listed in
>      the GTK+ apps. at www.gtk.org?
>      (Ref: www.dillo.org)

I think I'd have to say "you can't". There are hundreds of possible
interesting GTK+ applications out there, there's not space for all
of them in that box. We could have a separate page, and just list
everyone who wants to be listed, but we have enough trouble keeping
the language binding page up to date. As a random sample of a few
major interesting GTK+ apps, what's there seems OK.

Not to say Dillo isn't major or interesting, but especially as
a web browser, if we added it, people would want Galeon, Epiphany,
Mozilla, Atlantis ... and that would be getting rather long.

gtk.org is essentially meant for GTK+ developers, not GTK+ users
anyways. In the end "it uses GTK+" shouldn't be a very interesting
application characteristic for users.

>   2) Technical:
>
>      If  I  have  three  focusable  widgets in a window, pressing
> TAB/ShiftTAB cycles through them, _BUT_ like this:
>
>             .-> One -> Two -> Three -> "Nirvana" --.
>             |                                      |
>             '--------------------------------------'
>
>      (or backwards).
>
>      And I want it to be:
>
>             .-> One -> Two -> Three -> --.
>

>      I  have called "Nirvana" a widget(?), that seems to grab the
> focus (as none of the three widgets has it when at "Nirvana" :)

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkContainer.html#gtk-container-set-focus-chain

Regards,
						Owen