Re: gtk+ and tinyx (kdrive)

Jace Krull wrote:
Looks like you should be able to rebuild the GTK+ package with the --disable-xkb option to the configure script.

See http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html

Good Luck,

Jace Krull
Balatech, Inc.
www.balatech.com

If you are building your kdrive xserver yourself, another option (if you don't want to figure out all the extensions that your tinyx doesn't have and explicitly disable them in gtk) is to build your tinyx and don't build only the server. The full build of kdrive will also create the headers and libraries that go along with it and then you can build gtk against those libraries and headers. If you do that, gtk's configure script will figure out which extensions are missing and won't try to use them.

--Brett

Peter Gasper wrote:

I am developing an embedded gtkmm app to run on a system with tinyx (now
called kdrive). When I run the app on the target system I get the
following error:

"relocation error: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
XkbLibraryVersion"

I think the problem is that I just copied the gtk+ libraries my app
needed from my development system to the target system. This worked for
the most part, but my developement system has the full X11 and the
target only has tinyx. I think the problem has to do with the fact tinyx
lacks the XKB extensions to X and the gtk+ libraries expect those.
So the long and short of it is this, how do I compile gtk+ for tinyx?
How can I resolve the above error?

thank you for your help