gtk+ and tinyx (kdrive)

I am developing an embedded gtkmm app to run on a system with tinyx (now
called kdrive). When I run the app on the target system I get the
following error:

"relocation error: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
XkbLibraryVersion"

I think the problem is that I just copied the gtk+ libraries my app
needed from my development system to the target system. This worked for
the most part, but my developement system has the full X11 and the
target only has tinyx. I think the problem has to do with the fact tinyx
lacks the XKB extensions to X and the gtk+ libraries expect those.

So the long and short of it is this, how do I compile gtk+ for tinyx?
How can I resolve the above error?

thank you for your help

--
Peter Gasper <pgasper designadvantage com>