Re: GtkTextView and anchors and scrolling

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 23:18, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Doing these changes (see first attachment) already helps a lot,
> > but there seem to be some problems with embedded widgets and scrolling,
> > causing the the textview to end up scrolled some way down,
> > but not to the very bottom. Doing
>
> Maybe the issue here is that the nested textviews start out with a
> small size allocation then incrementally grow themselves in an idle?

Exactly.

> Simple way to check is to try with a label or button instead.

Replacing nested text views with labels fixes the scrolling, so I guess
your analysis is right.

> Not sure nested textviews are a use-case I had in mind while
> coding. ;-)

If we wanted to get nesting of idle-resizing widgets right, I guess we
would have to adjust the idle priorities depending on the nesting depth.
Preferably using floating point values as priorities:

priority for text view at depth n = G_PRIORITY_DEFAULT_IDLE - 1/n

Matthias