Re: building ui on hp-ux

Peter \"Firefly\" Lund wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Sachin Kulkarni wrote:

Hi,
 I want to build a user interface on hp-ux. Will it be ok to use gtk

It should be possible - but the HPUX C compiler might not like you.

I could have GTK build nicely on HP-UX using the vendor C++ compiler (aCC) in C mode (option -Ae, iirc).

If you don't have access to this compiler, then Ximian has released with prebuilt gnome libraries; Google is your friend here. Then you may encounter some difficulties due to their being packaged as a depot (hpux packaging) file. Your friend there is 'chatr' to deal with embedded/hardcoded library lookup path.

Alexis