Re: deactivating close button of a gtk+ window / dialog

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 12:02, Bharat Bhushan wrote:
> I want to desensitize it only for a small duration (while some critical
> task is being done, so that user can't close it). I thought of using
> gdk_window_set_decorations() and remove the close button for that duration
> and then bring it back using the same function. But the problem was that
> the close button doesn't become visible again until you click on the
> window (i.e. it doesnt refreshes the window properly).
> But actually what I want is to desensitize the button for the duration. I
> think that will look more elegant and professional.

In theory gdk_window_set_functions(window->window,...) might do what you
want; in practice, I don't think it will unless you are using
MWM.

I think your best bet is simply to connect to "delete-event" and do
nothing during the critical period (return TRUE - "I handled it")

Regards,
					Owen