Re: Pango: how to build a new rendering engine?

If I were going to write a pango shaper, I'd start by
copying the basic shaper, do some global find/replaces,
clear out all the stuff I don't need, then start messing
with the shaping method. The basic shaper is in
pango/modules/basic. You probably only care about the Xft
backend, so basic-fc.c is what you want.

Noah