[NEWBIE] GdkPixbuf loading problem

Hi world,

I have a problem loading pixbufs using gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file()
function. Following code results in segmentation fault:

/* begin */
char buf[64];
GdkPixbuf *p;
GError **err;

strcpy(buf, "/tmp/image.png");
p = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(buf, err);
/* end of code */

On the contrary, following code works right as rain:

/* begin */
GdkPixbuf *p;
GError **err;

p = \
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(gtk_file_selection_get_filename(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(fsel),\ err);
/* end of code */

I think I have messed up some of the variable and return values types,
but I can't seem to solve it by myself.
Can anybody help/flame me about what am I doing wrong, please?

--
Andrej "Ticho" Kacian       mailto:tichowrl centrum sk

"Don't forget that MS-Windows is just a temporary
 workaround until you can switch to a GNU system."
                                      -GnuPG creators