Re: gtk-config obsolete?

Hi,

Fielder <fielder cs ttu edu> writes:

> Since the newer versions of GTK+ use pkg-config, is there any nice way
> to keep programs that compile with gtk-config happy? Maybe I'm doing
> something wrong, but it seems rediculous that the latest version of
> GIMP still looks for gtk-config during the ./configure...

Application that need gtk+-1.2 use gtk-config and application that
need gtk+-2.0 use pkg-config. There is no problem with this since you
can't compile a gtk+-1.2 application with gtk+-2.0 and vice versa. The
gtk+ 1.2 and 2.x libraries are incompatible and are supposed to be
installed in parallel (at least for quite some time).

Salut, Sven