A simple example for occurring Xlib: unexpected async reply error.

Hi all,
I now understand the FAQ,
http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN462.
There were FAQs which do not understand well about
GTK+ and pthread working like me.

With the example given on FAQ, however, I could not
have "Xlib: unexpected async reply" error message even
I remove G_LOCK(), G_UNLOCK(), gdk_thread_enter(), and
gdk_thread_leave() in the thread.
I think the example does not look like for Xlib:
unexpected async reply error case.

As an example such as there is error if I remove
thread lock functions and if I put them there is no
error, I would understand better and everybody about
Xlib async error.

How about a simple example code?

For your info., my program is video displaying one.
I never had this problem before put some spin buttons
on a dialog window. I am using Gtk+ 1.2.

Regards,
bkna