Re: GtkGlArea - Newbie Question

At 09:44 AM 1/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Message: 11
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 08:26:30 -0500
From: Rob Wilkens <robw optonline net>
Subject: GtkGlArea -  Newbie Question
To: gtk-list gnome org

Greetings,

I'm just getting my feet wet in both GTK programming, X-Windows
programming, and OpenGL programming.  I'm not sure how serious I'll get
involved in the above.

Someone had mentioned to me the existence of a Gtk widget called
GtkGlArea which I was only able to find some passing references to on
google. I downloaded the Gtk+ docs, and could not find reference to it
there.

Dude, you're getting a FAQ link!  :)
http://www.gtk.org/faq/
Section 3.5

I must say that it's a disservice to the gtk community that there is not
a search tool on the www.gtk.org web site.  No, I'm not volunteering to
do it, but I just think it would make finding relevant documentation
that much easier.

Well, I don't know about that. What I think is much worse is the broken search tool for the listserv archives @lists.gnome.org and how it returns 0 results for anything you search for. For example, you said "OpenGL": do a search for that in the Jan archives and you will not even find your own message listed in the search results. That seriously limits usability of the archives, and if that worked, common/recurring questions would be posted less often probably. I'm not saying your's was common, because since I can't search the archives, how can I even tell. :)

Mark