Re: Athena scrollbar behavior?

Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> writes:

> >This will make some geezers like me less reluctant to use, say, Emacs
> >with a GTK toolkit.  Where raw productivity is concerned, details
> >like that are important.
>
> geezers use scrollbars in emacs? what is the world coming to? what's
> wrong with C-v, Esc-v and the like?

You can't aim as delicately.  Not that I could in current Emacs
version when my buffer is full of preview-latex's variable height
lines which Emacs scroll-code does not really comprehend...

But I certainly would applaud if I could give _all_ my Gtk
applications Athena scrollbar semantics.  That would be a large
convenience addition, and would certainly be a good selling argument
to people that don't like the Motif way of getting prettier
scrollbars that are not really practical.