Re: old version of GLIB

Hi,

>   Am trying to install Gaim 0.59.6. Get the following error:
>
> checking for glib-config.. /usr/bin/glib-config
> checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.5...
> *** An old version of GLIB (1.2.1) was found.
> *** You need a version of GLIB newer then 1.2.5.
> ***
> *** If you have already installed a sufficiently new version, this
error
> *** probably means that the wrong copy of the glib-config shell
script is
> *** being found.  The easiest way to fix this is to remove the old
version
> *** of GLIB, but you can also set the GLIB_CONFIG environment to
point to
> *** the correct copy of glib-config.  (In this case, you will have
> *** modify your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit ***
> /etc/ld.so.conf so that the correct libraries are found at
run-time))

> I have an old computer (PI @ 200 Mhz) running Redhat 5.0.  I have
> installed both glib-1.2.6 and glib-2.0.4 (using ./configure, make,
make
> install, etc).  I know that the 1.2.6 install went smoothly but I
still
> get the above error.  This computer is my 1st linux box.  How do I
get
> past this problem?  I do not know how to remove old version of glib.
> Don't know how to set my glib_config enviroment.  Don't know...oh,
heck!
> You get the point.  Looking forward to anyone who may be willing to
help.
> Thank you for your time.

  use command which glib-config,  and then move this program to other
path whicn can not be found in the environment PATH;

    And remake !

Regards
Ding Haijun
Dept. of Technology and Development,
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
Nanjing, P.R.China
PHONE: +86+25-6630566-59
FUJITSU INTERNAL 7995559
FAX: +86+25-3317685