Re:Re: Setting up gtk+ 2.0 on win32

> Hi, first of all thank you for your help.  I have been following your
> instructions. I ahve the following problems could you please help.
>
> 1) I've used the path command to make the the directories my path, but
what
> command do you use to add it to what the path is already there?
>
> 2) I tested the MinGW set up using gcc -v and it worked fine but when I
> tested the gtk setup with pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0 it says the
> following 'A required .DLL file, LIBGLIB-2.0-0.DLL was not found'.  I
copied
> this dll file to the windows\system folder but then it said another dll
file
> wasn't found.  Does this mean I have to copy all the dll files to the
system
> folder, or is the another way.
>
> 3) Is there a way to set the path through dos on a windows NT/2000/XP.  If
> there is could you please tell me.
>
> Thank you very much!!!

Ok if your using Windows 98, edit the C:\Autoexec.bat file.
It should contain a line something like :

set PATH=C:\MyDirectory\Bin

If so, then add your paths like so :

set PATH=C:\MyDirectory\Bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\GTK\bin;

if not then just write the : set PATH=C:\MinGW\bin;C:\GTK\bin;  , yourself.
Save and close it. On (IIRC) Win2k, and XP, go to the "My Computer" icon
right click,
goto properties, click the "Advanced" tab, then goto the bottom left button
it says,
"Environment Variables." In there you can permenatly add variables for you
as a user ,
or make them system wide. I would recommend if you sign on as a user, make
them for
yourself. It'll keep things neater. It's self explanatary click the "path"
environment variable
then "edit" it, and add it like you would above. Go to the end and put your
directories in.

I.e. - C:\SomeDir;C:\SomeOtherDir;C:\GTK\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;

--------------------------------

Alright now all you need are the GTK+2.0 binary files. GLib, GTK, Pango,
etc... for Win32.
You don't need to put /anything/ in the WINDOWS\System folder. Simple make a
folder :

C:\GTK

then use your fav. zip program (i prefer WinRAR) and just extract everything
to that directory.
It'll create your C:\GTK\bin folder, C:\GTK\include, etc...etc... Then you
should be fine.
One thing i did have trouble with was the "libiconv.dll" i believe. When i
extracted the .Zip file
it created it's own directory in my C:\GTK folder. So i just manually copied
"libiconv.dll", and the ".lib"
to the C:\GTK\lib\ , folder, then the header, etc.. to the C:\GTK\include\
folder, and "pkg-config"
ran fine after that.

---------------------------------

And as far as adding it on the command line, while i'm on windows i tend to
not use the prompts other
then for compiling\running programs. Using Linux 90% of the time throws all
my MS Command Prompt
programs off. So i'm really not sure how to manually add it from a Command
Prompt. However
i would be cirtain http://msdn.microsoft.com/ , would have enough resources
to clear that problem up.

Hope this helps a little more :) .... altf2o ....