Re: random crash [treeview bug?]

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 09:33:43PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 03:18:35PM +0100, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> > > When  it crashes  gdb says  that nothing  particular. Is  seems to  be a
> > > signal problem, but nothing more. If I type "where" I've got a long list
> > > of functions (sometimes more than 90). What can it be?
> >
> > I think I  fopund the problem: gtktreeview seems not  to be fully thread
> > safe. Even calling gdk_threads_enter and gdk_threads_leave () it dies.
>
> are you accessing the same TreeView object from multiple threads? If
> so, you need to do your own locking (of course).

at the  beginning I  call g_thread_init  and then  I close  the critical
code in  gdk_threads_enter and  gdk_threads_leave. I see  my application
(created with glade2) is running multitasking.

What should I do more? How do I do my locking? Have I to use G_LOCK?

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.