Re: gtk + directfb + live cd

fre, 2003-01-03 kl. 19:17 skrev Ottavio Campana:

> I'd like to  know if there's something that can  justify this behaviour.
> I've seen that the home directory  of the user should be writeable.

Set up a ramdisk of a few meg for the users home directoey.

>  When
> I debug it I see that it complains that it cannot open the screen.
>
> The output is:
>
>        ---------------------- DirectFB v0.9.15 ---------------------
>              (c) 2000-2002  convergence integrated media GmbH
>              (c) 2002       convergence GmbH
>         -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> (*) Single Application Core. (with MMX support) (2003-01-03 12:58)
> (*) DirectFB/misc/memcpy: using linux kernel memcpy()
> (*) DirectFB/InputDevice: Keyboard 0.9 (convergence integrated media GmbH)
> (*) MMX detected and enabled
> (*) DirectFB/GraphicsDevice: MMX Software Rasterizer 0.6 (convergence integrated media GmbH)
> (!) DirectFB/core/fbdev: Panning display failed!
>     --> Invalid argument
> (!) DirectFB/core/fbdev: Panning display failed!
>     --> Invalid argument
> (!) --->  CAUGHT SIGNAL 11  <---
>
> (gnome_segv:1689): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

This isn't your program being unable to open the display, it's the
gnome_segv program that gets run by a gnome program when it crashes.
Your program is crashing somewhere, maybe because you need the writable
home dir?

iain
--
"Music for me is the proof of the existence of god." - Kurt Vonnegut