gtk + directfb + live cd

I'm trying to build a live cd with linux with framebuffer support
for distributing an application.

If I test the program with gtk+-directfb on a computer it goes, but when
I try to run it on the live system it crashes.

I'd like to  know if there's something that can  justify this behaviour.
I've seen that the home directory  of the user should be writeable. When
I debug it I see that it complains that it cannot open the screen.

The output is:

       ---------------------- DirectFB v0.9.15 ---------------------
             (c) 2000-2002  convergence integrated media GmbH
             (c) 2002       convergence GmbH

(*) Single Application Core. (with MMX support) (2003-01-03 12:58)
(*) DirectFB/misc/memcpy: using linux kernel memcpy()
(*) DirectFB/InputDevice: Keyboard 0.9 (convergence integrated media GmbH)
(*) MMX detected and enabled
(*) DirectFB/GraphicsDevice: MMX Software Rasterizer 0.6 (convergence integrated media GmbH)
(!) DirectFB/core/fbdev: Panning display failed!
    --> Invalid argument
(!) DirectFB/core/fbdev: Panning display failed!
    --> Invalid argument
(!) --->  CAUGHT SIGNAL 11  <---

(gnome_segv:1689): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Some ideas?

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.