Re: Qt -> GTK

>I have written a big application in QT and I now want to port it to QT

depending on what you mean by "big", my response might be "give up".

>I thought the easiest way would be just changeing the qt library by a self
>written library
>I immitate qt and use gtk calls inside
>At the moment I have some first success experiences in rebuilding screen
>layout but its quite tough.
>Isnt there already a finished solution ?

for most GUI programs, the GUI represents 60-80% of the total code of
the program. the toolkit used sometimes presents a specific design
paradigm, and it may also offer some specific widgets that are not
present or operate in a markedly different way from similar widgets in
other toolkits. therefore, "conversion" libraries are generally not
used. the closest thing there is is wxWindows, which selects the
lowest common denominator from a number of toolkits, and wraps that.

unless you have a particularly good reason to do so and/or your use of
"big" is exaggerated, i would suggest you stay with Qt.

--p