Re: Re: can't find libtiff on ./configure

On 19 Feb 2003, Sven Neumann wrote:

> you didn't tell the compiler to look for include files in
> ~/include. Passing --includedir to configure only tells it to install
> into that directory, not to use it as include path. Try to set
> CPPFLAGS=~/include instead.

Hi,

I tried the follow cmdline:
./configure --prefix=$HOME CPPFLAGS=$HOME/include

now it says that my C compiler cannot create executables..

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

I tried also CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/include. But then I get the same old error
about libtiff

Thanks

Rodrigo