gtk testing directory

In the gtk download, there is a testing directory which contains code to
test various widgets. In this directory are two files, Makefile.am and
Makefile.in. I've posted this question once before and received no reply
that answered the question. There is no autogen.sh in this directory or
in the entire source distribution.

So my question then is how do I use these two file to make the code in
the testing directory (looks like individiual applications). The
Makefile.in says it was generated from the Makefile.am. But there is no
regular make file, no configure, no nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, I'm sure I saw somewhere a gtktest app that tested all the
widgets. But I can't seem to find it. It's not part of the source
download. Does someone have a link?

thanks.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine